Spiritual Life & Growth Committee
We, as members of our Spiritual Life & Growth Committee, enjoy serving our church family. We supply the Decan for our pastor every week and we help serve communion on Sundays.
We have special responsibilities to fulfill, and here are some of them:
- We visit with our nursing home and our homebound members. We continue to send them uplifting and inspirational cards every month.
- We also send out Birthday cards for our members who are 80 years of age and older.
- We continue to help serve special events in our congregation.
- We help to make United Lutheran a presence in our town.
This year we started a new project.
With the economy becoming more and more expensive, we were wondering how we could help serve our community. We decided to open a food shelf called the Bountiful Blessing Pantry.
- We ask members of the church to donate non-perishable food items to keep the shelfs stocked.
- Our Blessing Pantry is open 4 days a week. Monday thru Thursday, 8a.m. till 4p.m. Our hope with food prices increasing, that people in our community can plenish their cupboards with food at no charge.
We, as part of the Spiritual Life & Growth Committee, feel honored to serve our church.