Spiritual Life & Growth Committee
We, as members of our Spiritual Life & Growth Committee, enjoy serving our church family. We have special responsibilities to fulfill. Here are just a few of them:
- We visit our elderly members in nursing homes and also some of our homebound members.
- We help serve the special things in our congregation.
- We enjoy having a part in Confirmation and their Faith Statements Fellowship. The Wednesday before Confirmation Sunday, we have a gathering at the church for our confirmands, their parents and sponsors. We serve a fellowship of desserts and beverages as the families listen to the readings of the confirmands Faith Statements.
- We welcome and mentor our new church family members.
- We serve, and get the congregation involved in serving communion.
- We do different fundraising throughout the year.
- We help to make United Lutheran a presence in our town.
- We help in serving different organizations that come to our church, like the All State Lutheran Choir and Luther Crest when they bring Vacation Bible School to United.
We all feel honored to be a part of this Committee that serves United Lutheran Church.